CP Abdulrahman inaugurates Enugu Community Policing Community
- Lauds IGP For the new Community Policing Strategy
- Describes the Committee as its key Driver, While Praying God Grants Members Requisite Wisdom and Strength
The Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command, CP Ahmad AbdurRahman MCPSS, MCJ, MNIM on 21st July, 2020 at the State Headquarters, inaugurated the State Community Policing Committee (SCPC) structure of the New Community Policing Strategy of the Nigeria Police Force, as a follow-up to the State Community Policing Advisory Committee (SCPAC) earlier inaugurated by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
2. In his address, the Commissioner, lauded the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu *NPM, _mni_* for his untiring efforts at re-jigging and rejuvenating the concept of Community Policing and making it a veritable strategy in curbing existing and emerging acts of crimes and criminality as well as other security challenges in the nation. He betells his foresight and wisdom in bringing back and giving the concept its required momentum, as uncommon.
3. The CP further describes the SCPC as a key driver of the New Community Policing Strategy in the State, while tasking its members to use their wealth of knowledge, experience and track record of performances in their respective fields of endeavour to effectively execute assigned duties. He prayed that God Almighty will grant them the required wisdom and strength to pilot the affairs of the Committee in the most resourceful manner.
4. Responding, the Committee’s Chairman and Command’s Deputy Commissioner of Police, Department of Finance and Administration, DCP Fred E. Ekokotu _*psc*_, expressed assurance that the Committee will work assiduously towards the realization of its set goals/objectives.
5. On his part, the Co-Chairman, HRH Igwe (Dr.) Emmanuel Ugwu (Igwe Ibagwa-Nike), thanked the Force for the opportunity given them and promised the Committee will always do its best to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
6. The Committee is, among other things, concerned with managing and coordinating the State Community Policing Programme; fostering security awareness and monitoring progress on Community Policing; and developing or unveiling new approaches to Community Policing based on challenges, success stories and needs.
7. Other members of the Committee include: Dr. (Barr.) Aikay Ubaka (Deputy Chairman, Police Community Relations Committe, Enugu Command, representing PCRC); Pastor (Barr.) Onuora Okeke (State Secretary, Christian Association of Nigeria, representing CAN); Hon. Alhaji Ibrahim Ezeani (Former Southeast Federal Commissioner in the National Hajj Commission, representing the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs); and Mr. Larry Oguego (Coordinator, Human Rights Volunteer Corps, representing Civil Society Organizations). 8. The rest are: Comrade Virginus Nwobodo (State Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress, representing Labour Unions); Comrade Pascal Nnaemeka Ugwu (State Chairman, National Youth Council of Nigeria, representing the Council); Mrs. Josephine Okechukwu (representing Nigerian Women Society); Barr. Gabriel Nnamani (State Chairman, Council of Joint National Association of Persons With Disabilities, representing People Living With Disabilities); and Barr. Jude I. C. Ezegwui (Enugu State Branch Chairman, Nigerian Bar Association, representing NBA).
SIGNED ASP DANIEL E. NDUKWE
Police Public Relations Officer,
Enugu State Command