Youth protesting against insecurity in Northern Nigeria have listed their demands as the protests continue in many states across the region.
The protesters, who were inspired by the #EndSARS protests, said terrorism and other violent crimes had ravaged the country more than police brutality.
Northern Nigeria has been suffering from different forms of terrorism, ranging from Boko Haram insurgency in the Northeast to banditry and other crimes in Northewest and North Central regions.
Several social media influencers, journalists, Kannywood stars, singers, and other users have promoted the #SecureNorth hashtag on Facebook and Twitter.
The wife of the president Mrs Aisha Buhari, had also taken to Twitter and Instagram where she supported the protest and called on the Muhammadu Buhari administration to save the masses.
A social media poster listed down the five major demands of the protester to ensure security of lives and properties in Northern Nigeria as below:
1. Immediate deployment of fully geared and equipped military personnel to all the affected areas, who are not to leave until they satisfactorily restore peace and security.
2. Appropriate compensation and relief funds to the affected.
3. Persecution of all caught offenders publicly.
4. Immediate deployment of security personnel for border patrol and security with specific emphasis on arms smuggling.
5. Special care and attention for affected people in IDP camps with the overall agenda of their safe return to their homes when peace is restored.