Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress’(APC), and one of the founders of the Party in Adamawa state, Gen. Buba Marwa, on Tuesday declared that for the 2019 Presidential election in the country, there is no better presidential candidate in the APC other than President Muhammadu Buhari.
General Marwa, a former military governor of Lagos State, made this disclosure in a communiqué issued in Yola after a meeting of stakeholders comprising 20 organizations in Adamawa.
At the meeting was organized by ‘The Buba Marwa Organization’, where the candidature of Buhari was endorsed for re-election in 2019,. Marwa said Buhari the administration within the past two years, had recorded some achievements in the area of security, anti-corruption, improved electricity supply and diversification of the economy through agriculture and solid minerals.
“We are happy with the measures the government is taking in the diversification of the economy, which are already paying off, especially in the agricultural and mining sectors; the improvement has manifested in the recent exit from recession”.
On the exit of the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar from the APC, Marwa said although, the move was a big loss to the party, it would not affect the chances of APC in Adamawa and even at the national level.
“No political party would like to lose someone like the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; but we are assuring that his departure will, however, not affect the fortunes of the party at any level.
Communiqué Issued by the Marwa Organization (TMO) in Support of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Re-Election in 2019.
- Whereas the Marwa Organization is a major stake holder in the All Progressive Congress and has continued to pay keen interest on the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari and is satisfied with its performance so far.
- Whereas the Organization is impressed with the way the Buhari’s Government has successfully contained the activities of Boko Haram with the attendant improvement in security situation in Nigeria and the North-East zone in particular.
- Whereas the Marwa Organization has noted with satisfaction the tremendous successes recorded by the Buhari’s Government in the fight against corruption, which has been curtailed to a large extent.
- Whereas we in the Marwa Organization, are happy with the measures of the Government is taking in the diversification of the economy which has already started paying off especially in the agricultural and mining sectors. The improvement in the economy is manifested in the recent exit from recession.
- Whereas we are appreciative of the award of 5.7billion Dollars 3,050 Mega Watts Mambilla hydroelectric power plant which has been on the drawing board for the Buhari administration as well as the general improvement of power supply.
- Whereas we note with satisfaction efforts of the Buhari administration in the infrastructural development especially the awards if Gombe-Numan, Hong-Mubi-Madagali, Mayo-Belwa-Jada-Ganye as well as Numan-Jalingo roads.
- Whereas the Buhari Government has provided Nigerians especially the Youths with credit and employment through the social investment scheme such as N-Power.
- Where’s in a bid to improve the welfare of workers and to ensure that workers earn a living wage, the Buhari Administration, has just inaugurated the National Minimum Wage Committee and
- Whereas the Buhari Government has successfully blocked the leakages and wastage through the effective implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) whereby making huge savings for the Government as well as reducing the incidence of corruption.
Now therefore, we in the Marwa Organization along with our numerous supporters and over 100 Adamawa State branch NGO’s and civil society organizations of which the under listed are the major ones
i)-Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC)
ii)-Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT)
iii)-Gamzaki Traders Association
iv)-Rana Tafito Traders Union
v)-Adamawa State Hunters Association
vi)-National Council of Women Societies
vii)- Tabbital Pulaaku International
viii)-National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW)
ix)-Association of Physically Challenged Persons
x)-Jimeta Young Marketers Association
xi)-Tricycle Riders Association
xii)-Jimeta Young Marketers Multipurpose Cooperative Society
xiii)-Exclusive Network Youth Empowerment Institute
xiv)-Trade Union Congress (TUC)
xv)-Buhari Youth Organization
xvi)-Retired Police Union
xvii)-Yan Gwan Association